There are certain times of the year like spring and summer where everyone must be extra mindful about taking precautions and protecting their skin from ultraviolet light which can cause your skin to age prematurely and make you more susceptible to skin cancer. Here are a few tips to help keep you protected from the sun.
- Make sure any sunscreen you use has at least 30 SPF and that it is labeled as a “broad spectrum” sunscreen which means it blocks both UVA and UVB rays. For additional information about the new sunscreen labeling system visit the American Academy of Dermatology website: http://www.aad.org/dermatology-a-to-z/health-and-beauty/general-skin-care/sun-protection/sunscreen-labels
- Apply 30 minutes before going outside and if you have been in water even if you have water resistant sunscreen.
- Ultraviolet rays are the most powerful around noon so if it’s possible avoid any exposure to the sun between 10am and 2pm. Instead of soaking in the rays you could grab a quick lunch indoors to pass the time.
- Protect yourself from the sun even more by using an umbrella and wearing protective clothing like wide brimmed hats.
- If you have been using sunscreen and believe you could be allergic to sunscreen you can seek out professional help and ask Dr. Rapaport for any suggestions or recommendations.
Dr.Rapaport has been an acne scar expert for over 20 years. Patients come from all over the world to seek his expertise to reduce & rid of acne scars.
Non-invasive way to gently and effectively reduce fat in targeted areas of the body that results in a noticeable, natural-looking fat reduction in the treated areas.
Reduce fine lines simply and quickly with BOTOX® injections, so there’s really no need for risky, invasive surgery that could leave you scarred!